Our Holiday Get-Together is at Frog Level Brewing, Thursday, Dec 2nd at 5:30pm, you are welcome to bring a guest.
Join in our holiday community fundraiser. We will be making a donation from Smoky Mountain Medical Society to a local charity that is collecting for flood relief. Please donate at the link below to participate. We will send you a thank you letter/receipt for your records.
Dr. John Buenting of Mountain Ear Nose & Throat is performing COVID swab tests for pre-surgical patients with a beautiful mountain backdrop. The gowns were purchased with a grant from the Dogwood Trust Foundation.
The Haywood County Health Department clinical staff received many needed boxes of gowns as part of the donation from the Dogwood Trust Foundation. Health Departments are the front lines for many of the COVID testing. They were close to running out when we made this delivery.
As the COVID-19 crisis continues to affect our community we would like to thank all the medical providers and their staff for being there for us during this time. We are so fortunate to have these dedicated professionals working to keep us all healthy.
1. Link: COVID-19 Vaccine Coding and Billing Hot Topics
1. We are working with the local providers in obtaining PPE by coordinating efforts through the Western Carolina Medical Society. Solo and small group practices are currently having issues obtaining gowns. If you would like to make a donation towards this effort go to:
select PPE in the dropdown menu
2. Community Care NC has helpful links for NC providers to obtain PPE
3. Help with COVID19 testing reimbursement for uninsured
4. Links to articles shared by our President, Catherine Li, MD
a. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Hypercoagulability
c. Increases Heart Attack
d. Anticoagulation in COVID-19 patients
e. Anticoagulation in COVID-19 patients
f. Lupus Anticoagulant and Abnormal Coagulation
Tests in Patients with Covid-19
g. NC Dept Health Memo on Multisystem Pediatric Inflammatory Syndrome
5. AdventHealth Resanitzing N95 masks in Western NC for providers. Link to survey requesting this service. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2gnBQzN0R9yHHLGfKhxiku9IrfG7H2S0sHzHBb7GS0OHYOg/viewform
AdventHealth now has the capacity to sanitize up to 50 N95 masks on Tuesdays and up to another 50 on Thursdays for re-use between May 12th and June 11th. If you are interested in this service, please fill out this survey identifying your organization, your contact information, and details about the number of masks needing sanitization and when.
Please understand that due to the limited capacity, your request might not be able to be completely fulfilled but they will do their best to accommodate everyone and they will communicate any limitations with you. Also note that by completing the survey, you are agreeing to be the point of contact for coordinating mask collection, packaging, and delivery to AdventHealth.
6. NCDHS PPE Order Form for NC providers
Continue to submit PPE requests through the NC DHHS website. You should have at least a 30-day supply of face shields, gloves, gowns, N95 respirators, and surgical and procedure masks.